Performance stats for:Yokohama W.Drive V902A
To get more information, you must select a size.
What's the secret behind the tyre?
All the things you will achieve through the used technologies
- Original 3D-shaped sipes with polyhedral surface provide high performance on dry, wet and snow-covered surfaces. - Wide surface area keeps blocks stable and enables them to support each other effectively.
- Original 3D-shaped sipes with polyhedral surface provide high performance on dry, wet and snow-covered surfaces. - Increased density of sipes maximizes the edge effect
- Comparison 3D Sipes - Conventional Sipes
Wide Range Temperature Zones
- W.drive’s compound responds to a wide-range of temperature zones providing optimum performance on various winter conditions. 1) “Flexible polymer” retains more softness and flexibility at low temperatures.
- W.drive’s compound responds to a wide-range of temperature zones providing optimum performance on various winter conditions. 2) “Micro Silica” has a smaller particle size than conventional silica and maintains rigidity and stability at high temperatures by hard-bonding with polymer even when soft polymer is used.
Tread Pattern Design - High-Rigid Asymmetric Tread Design
High-rigid asymmetric design provides a high balance of performance on dry, wet and snow covered surfaces. Wide-Range Temperature Zones W.drive’s compound responds to a wide-range of temperature zones providing optimum performance in various winter conditions. 1) Inner zone has moderate stiffness blocks and effective grooves for traction on snow. 2) Outer zone has high stiffness blocks for dry cornering. 3) Optimally aligned main straight grooves drain snow, slush and water effectively keeping a maximum contact area on a wide variety of road surfaces. 4)Optimized lug grooves drain snow and slush effectively providing added traction by increasing the edge effect.
Performance Comparison Web
Need some inspiration this winter? YOKOHAMA’s new winter tyre W.drive will energize your emotions and take you to a new level of winter driving. Our new winter tyres use a functional pattern design with unique 3D-sipes and advanced tread compounds that provide outstanding performance on a wide variety of road surfaces in winter. When the going gets tough this winter, get inspiration from W.drive!
Size Specific Information.
Go on and select a size to view.
Asymetrical Tread Pattern
What is it?
An asymmetric pattern is designed to blend the requirements of dry grip and water dispersal/snow traction where the tread pattern changes across the face of the tire.
An asymmetric tread pattern usually incorporates larger tread ribs/blocks on the outboard side to increase cornering stability on dry roads by offering greater contact area. This also helps to reduce tread squirm and heat buildup on the outside shoulder.
The inboard side usually features smaller independent tread blocks to aid wet and/or winter traction when driving straight ahead. Tires featuring asymmetric tread patterns allow using multiple tire rotation patterns.
How will you benefit?
- The ability to combine different types of performance, which would be very hard to achieve in other tread patterns (directional or symmetrical tyres).
- Depending on their tread patterns - pushing back the moment where aquaplaning occurs.
- Asymmetrical tyres allow for more stable and faster cornering on both dry and wet surfaces.
- Work well with the latest generation of in-car solutions - traction control and braking assistance systems.
- They allow for transferring high torques and powers of modern cars in all conditions.
- They wear out more slowly and more easily.
- They look better.